Why do I need “Website SEO”?
Google ranks individual web pages – NOT “Websites”. Take a breath and let that sink in for a minute.
Your rankings are mainly based on “relevance” of its content to what folks are searching for online. That’s why part of SEO is to create “specialty pages” for specific services/products/locations.
For example, if your business offers chimney repair services in Portland, Oregon, and that’s a phrase folks are typing into Google, then it’s a good idea to write about that service in detail – and where you offer it – on a page on your website. That’s relevance. Google now knows where to rank that page. BUT, of all the chimney repair companies in Portland, which one would the rank at the top? Why would Google rank your page at the top? You’ll need to show some prominence to Google, primarily through links from other websites, traffic to your website and online reviews. That blue link at the top of this paragraph is a keyword-rich link to specific services web page. That’s how to create powerful relevance & prominence!
When your website AND business listings are optimized – Magic happens!
Search Engine Optimization can be a sophisticated and technical beast. We break it down into “Foundational SEO” and “Advanced SEO”. For most small businesses, good Foundational SEO plus some specialty services pages is enough to grow their business. For businesses in more competitive industries or locations, Advanced SEO will be needed.
Keyword research, copy-editing, content development, page titles, headings, descriptions, links, footer/sidebar content, menus, images, local content, and calls-to-action.
Schema, copywriting, blog strategy, web development, WP security & backups, page load speed, competitive analysis, site architecture, spam abatement, conversion optimization and more.
Calls to Action are Key: Hey if you are investing in getting more traffic to your website, a clear & obvious path for visitors to take the desired action is mandatory. Those are called Calls-to-Action and you need those on every page to convert these new visitors into customers or clients. Links are good. Bright buttons are better. Make it super easy for your website visitors to call you, fill out a form, buy now, or sign up. If you don’t have them on your website, you should probably click one of the red call-to-action buttons on this page.
Mobile Responsive is Imperative: Depending on your business type, the vast majority of your visits will be on a mobile device.
Are you ready to grow your business?
Best Practice Local SEO Strategy
Here are a few things we tell our clients every day:
- Google is evolving so rapidly and they are always trying to stay one step ahead of the spammers. So what they can learn & understand about your business is now mind-boggling. Your Local SEO expert must be staying current with this evolution and know what is paramount for your businesses top rankings.
- "Location Signals" and "Recency Signals" are important now more than ever. Google knows how many people are literally inside your store - right now. The pandemic had mixed affects on various businesses worldwide. Many business owners did not keep their Google business listings updated. Has someone reviewed your business recently? That's a good signal that you are still in business!
- Google is constantly looking for positive signals about your business and will only rank the businesses at the top that they trust 100%! Recent business listing updates, new reviews, fresh website content are all positive ranking factors. Conflicting business info is one sure way to lose trust. An out-dated website does not help either.
- One of the primary jobs of your website is to SPOON FEED Google with exactly what you do - and precisely where you do it. It's not just a brochure or a pretty design. Your website also must have effective calls-to-action to encourage folks to take the action you want - is that a phone call or a form filled out? One should never assume that your customers know what to do. Your website needs to lead people to take that action.
- Local SEO Best Practices include things like responding to all new reviews, responding to messages on Google and Yelp and of course your website. Getting help with combating spammy business listings (WE DO THIS), having current professional photos of your business online, keeping current with Google Posts, Products & Services. The days of set-it-and-forget-it are over.
- It's important for your Local SEO professional to be familiar with the city and surrounding areas of your business. Not all cities are alike. Portland, Oregon is unique and has unique cultural & weather nuances and many people in Portland search for businesses in unique ways. The same is true for Sisters, Oregon. It's not just any small rural town! Sisters has tens of thousands of potential customers driving through on the way to other places - sitting in their cars on their phones. The good news is that we understand how important location uniqueness is!
"Bighorn Local has been an invaluable partner for my business since we rely highly on local search for our livelihood. After Bighorn Local started optimizing our SEO, we started seeing immediate results and we couldn't be happier. Hiring Bighorn Local goes down in history as one of the best decisions Maximize Video has made."
"Our company has been partnered with Big Horn Local SEO for three years. In that time he has boosted my online presence from barley being seen on the internet to being at an impressive level on page one of Google. They have literally put our company on the map and without hesitation taken care of everything behind the scenes so that I could focus on my business and doing what I love to do best. If your looking for an up front honest team look no further! Jeffrey of Big Horn Local SEO has your back."
"Bighorn Local is an amazing company, shortly after switching, our ranking increased because of the attention and suggestions given to us by Jeffrey. Since then I'm always seeing improvement, and unlike other SEO companies, Jeffery reaches out to us regularly with ideas to improve our rankings and functionality. It goes beyond the scope that he is even contracted for, if he sees or knows anything that could improve our websites, business, or a trend that we have missed he is always sharing his knowledge with our company. Bighorn and Jeffrey are a pleasure to work with, and the ease in which all of this is done is also just another reason we will never change SEO companies again!"
"Bighorn Local SEO has brilliantly managed the SEO for my practice for over a year now and have moved my NYC Google rankings from page 16 to page 1. Clients are finding me and I am thrilled with the direction it personally stretches me in. I highly recommend Bighorn Local SEO to everyone that has felt lost in the world of Google and Yelp and cannot maneuver by themselves. Watch your business grow!"
Jeffrey at Big Horn Local SEO has helped me and my business tremendously. I signed up for the monthly coaching package and every time we work together he calmly and effortlessly walks me through each next step. I really appreciate the care he takes, making sure I understand where we are going. This is actually inspiring excitement in my business! I started getting more calls for my business right away and my business is starting to take off.
"If you are looking for a local SEO specialist, look no further. We've been working with Jeff for more than a year, and we couldn't be happier with his services. He is knowledgeable, responsive, and the results from his work are obvious. Jeff looks at the bigger picture and goes down to every single issue that needs to be tackled. He is incredibly easy to work with and couldn't be happier with everything he has done for us. Highly recommended!"
About Bighorn Local SEO
We offer proven & affordable ongoing Local SEO packages for small businesses in Portland, Oregon and beyond. We co-create a powerful online presence for your business so you can attract new customers and leads for years to come. We work closely with you each month to seize the next opportunity and take the next step towards better rankings and visibility. Our unique Local SEO process has helped numerous local businesses all over North America grow their business. From our offices in Portland and Sisters, Oregon we provide SEO services for local businesses and national brands, retailers and chains with multiple locations. We also build great websites, offer great website maintenance and can steer you in the right direction for online advertising, social media strategy. You can follow our blog for local business tips and if you are interested, reach out to our clients and ask them what it's like working with us. You can also visit our comprehensive nationwide list of Local SEO clients.